USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 14 miles north of Monrovia, 43 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Chilao Flat 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 520K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 6 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 900'
- Time: 3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Brent Washburne, April 1989
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the intersection of Angeles Crest Highway and I-210, drive north on
Angeles Crest Highway for just under 26 miles to the entrance to the Chilao
Flats Visitor Center. Turn left (west).
- Drive 0.5 mile past the Visitor Center to a parking area at the
Silver Moccasin Trail, 11W06. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (5240'), hike north 1 1/2 miles on the trail to
where it goes through Horse Flats Campground.
- Continue on this faint trail
as it goes west and then north up to the summit.