USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 14 miles north of Monrovia, 43 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Chilao Flat 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 520K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1.5 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 300'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, February 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of Angeles Crest Highway and I-210, drive north on
Angeles Crest Highway for 26.5 miles to the intersection with Sulphur Springs
Road (Three Points). Turn left (north).
- Drive 2.8 miles to a parking area on the left side of the road. Park
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area, hike southwest on an old dirt road which becomes
- Follow this trail south up to the summit which is just before the
trail turns left and goes downhill.
- The register is located in a pile of
rocks off to the right just before this point.