USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 15 miles south of Palmdale, 48 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Chilao Flat 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 1.8 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Granite Mountain #1, Iron Mountain #3, Rabbit Peak #1
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, November 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Turn left (north).
- Go 14.2 miles to Mill Creek Summit. Turn right (east) onto 3N17.
- Go 3.4 miles to an intersection with 3N90 on the right. Turn right
- Drive 0.9 mile on 3N90 to a saddle. This is the parking area for
Granite Mountain #1.
- Continue 2.0 miles to the end of the road which is the summit.