USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 13 miles south of Palmdale, 46 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Chilao Flat 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 1.8 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Round Top, Rabbit Peak #1, Iron Mountain #3
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 9.1 miles round trip
- Gain: 2100'
- Time: 4-5 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, November 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Turn left (north).
- Go 14.2 miles to Mill Creek Summit. Turn right (east) onto 3N17.
3N17 will most likely be gated and locked. Park in the large
parking lot just above the Fire Station.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- Hike 3.4 miles up 3N17 to an intersection with 3N90 on the right. Turn right
- Hike 0.9 mile on 3N90 to a saddle.
- From the saddle (6250'), hike west up a jeep road to the summit.