USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 10 miles south-southwest of Littlerock, 49 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Pacifico Mountain 7½, Chilao Flat 7½, Waterman Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.5 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
ROUTE 3 - Pacific Crest Trail
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 9.5 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 2300' total, 2000' out plus 300' on return
- Time: 4-5 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Intermediate
Original: George Wysup, August 2008
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 28.2 miles to Sulphur Springs
Road on the left. At this junction (also known as Three Points) turn left.
Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 2.8 miles, a parking area on the left side of the road.
This is the parking spot for Mount Hillyer. Continue
- At 3.9 miles, Alder Saddle and a fork. Go right on 5N04.
- At 4.9 miles, a parking area on the right. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- From the parking area (5320'), walk back on the road (west) about 100 yards to the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT).
- Follow the PCT west for about 4.2 miles to a flat area NNE of the Pacifico summit.
- Hike SE then SW along a gentle, forested ridge to the summit (approximately one half mile).