USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 10 miles south-southwest of Littlerock, 49 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Pacifico Mountain 7½, Chilao Flat 7½, Waterman Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.5 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 12 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 2200'
- Time: 5-6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
Original: Brent Washburne, March 1989
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Turn left (north).
- Go 14.2 miles to Mill Creek Summit. Park here at the picnic area on
the east side of the highway.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (4900'), hike east on the Pacific Crest Trail
(PCT) about 2.5 miles to where it comes out on a dirt road.
- Turn right and
follow the road up about 1/4 mile to where the PCT leaves it on the
- Turn left (east) on the PCT and follow it to a saddle 1/2 mile
west of the peak where it meets another road.
- Leave the trail and go
straight up the slope to the summit.