USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 10 miles south-southwest of Littlerock, 49 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Pacifico Mountain 7½, Chilao Flat 7½, Waterman Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.5 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 12.6 miles round trip on road
- Gain: 2600'
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, February 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Turn left (north).
- Go 14.2 miles to Mill Creek Summit. Turn right (east) onto 3N17.
Just prior to the gate, turn right to the large parking area. Park
here. This was previously a drive up to the campground, but has now
(2018) been closed for a number of years.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- Go 4.7 miles up the road to a road fork with "Pacifico Road" on the
left. Turn left.
- Go 1.6 miles up this road to the campground on top of the
- The register is hidden on top of a rock outcropping. It is not on the