USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 3 miles north of La Crescenta, 20 miles from Los Angeles, within the city limits
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Fernando Valley|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Condor Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 3.4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 10 1/2 miles round trip on fire road
- Gain: 2900'
- Time: 5-6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Larry Hoak, March 2001
DRIVING ROUTE 5
- From I-210 east or westbound in La Crescenta take the Lowell Avenue
exit north to Foothill Boulevard.
- Turn left (west) on Foothill Boulevard to Haines Canyon Avenue.
- Turn right (north) on Haines Canyon Avenue to Day Street. Jog right
on Day Street and continue on Haines Canyon Avenue to a locked gate. Park here. On
HIKING ROUTE 5
- Pass the locked gate and hike up the Haines Canyon Truck Trail (2N76)
to the summit. The register is at a false summit east of the radio towers
and north of the road at the point where it gains the summit ridge.