USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 3 miles north of La Crescenta, 20 miles from Los Angeles, within the city limits
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Fernando Valley|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Condor Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 3.4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 7 miles round trip on trail and fire road
- Gain: 3300'
- Time: 6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
Original: John Frost, February 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of Mt. Gleason Road and Foothill Boulevard in
Sunland, go north on Mt. Gleason Road 1.4 miles to Big Tujunga Canyon
Road. Turn right.
- Go 4.4 miles to Doske Road. Turn right.
- Turn left on Stonyvale Road and continue 1/4 mile to a
parking lot. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (1800'-), hike past the steel barricade and
continue east along the north side of the stream bed about 1/4 mile to
a point just past the wide rocky wash visible across the stream bed.
the stream here and pick up the Stone Canyon Trail, 13W07. Follow this
trail to where it meets a road just northwest of the summit at 4800'.
- Ascend southeast on this road, staying left when it joins the road
up from Tujunga.
- Continue on to a concrete water tank, then turn right
(west) to the summit amidst radio towers. The register is at a false
summit east of the radio towers.