USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 7 miles north of La Cañada-Flintridge, 53 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Acton 7½, Condor Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 6.0 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Gleason, Iron Mountain #2, Condor Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 14 miles round trip on road and trail
- Gain: 3000'
- Time: 6-7 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Paul A. Lipsohn, May 1974
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Exit I-210 at Sunland Boulevard.
- Turn right (east) at Sunland Boulevard. This soon becomes Foothill
- Drive 1.6 miles to Mt. Gleason Ave. Foothill takes a turn to the right
at this point. Turn left onto Mt. Gleason Ave.
- Drive 1.4 miles to Big Tujunga Canyon Road. Turn right.
- Drive 7 miles to mile marker 5.82. This is the beginning of the
Condor Trail. Park off the pavement.
Note: At mile marker 4.50, there is a use trail that shortcuts to the
Condor Trail. It is well maintained and saves about 2 miles round trip
on the hike.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- Hike up the trail (13W057) to the saddle just north of
Fox Mountain #2.
- Then turn right (south) go up a use trail to the summit.