USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 8 miles north of La Cañada-Flintridge in the San Gabriel Mountains, 53 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Condor Peak 7½, Sunland 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 6.0 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Gleason, Iron Mountain #2, Fox Mountain #2
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 15 miles round trip on trail, road, and cross-country
- Gain: 3800'
- Time: 8-9 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Paul A. Lipsohn, May 1974
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the intersection of Mt. Gleason Avenue and Foothill Boulevard in
Sunland, drive north on Mount Gleason, which becomes Big Tujunga Canyon
Road, about 5 miles to Upper Trail Canyon Road on the left. Turn left.
- Follow this road to a large parking area and a locked gate. Park
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area, hike up Trail Canyon Trail (13W03) 5 miles and
3000' gain, passing Tom Lucas Campground, to where the trail meets the
Condor Peak Trail between Iron Mountain #2
and Condor Peak.
- Turn right and
follow the Condor Peak Trail to the saddle east of Condor Peak.
- From here,
follow a use trail up the ridge up to the summit.