USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 19 miles southeast of Gorman, 78 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Burnt Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 4.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Liebre Mountain, Sawtooth Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 5.8 miles round trip
- Gain: 1300' total, 850' out plus 450' on return
- Time: 2-3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: John Backus and Al Campbell, 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-5 north to the town of Castaic and exit on Lake Hughes Road.
- Take Lake Hughes Road northeast for 23.6 miles to where it ends at a
junction with N2, Pine Canyon Road. Turn left (west).
- Go 4.7 miles to Bushnell summit with a junction with 7N23 on the
left. Turn left. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 2.0 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 3.2 miles, junction. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area, hike west on 7N23A for 2.9 miles to the
summit. The register is in a small rock cairn outside the northeast corner
of the fence.