USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Ventura County, about 10 miles southwest of Gorman, 77 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Ventura County|
|Forest Service||Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts|
|USGS Topo||Alamo Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 650K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: McDonald Peak, Sewart Mountain, Snowy Peak, Black Mountain #2, Cobblestone Mountain, White Mountain #2
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 3 miles round trip on road and use trail
- Gain: 850'
- Time: 1.5 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: Warren E. von Pertz
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Follow Driving Route 1 to the junction with Alamo Mountain Road at
17.9 miles. Turn right.
- At 18.3 miles, junction. Turn sharp left.
- At 18.7 miles, Twin Pines Campground. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area in the campground (6620'), hike back up the road
0.1 mile to where an old road goes up to the left. Follow this road up to
where it crosses the top of the ridge.
- Turn right on the ridge and follow
it past a rock outcrop on the first bump to a rock outcrop on the second
bump. The register is located on the top of this second rocky outcrop.