USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 16 miles west of Frazier Park, 95 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Kern County|
|Forest Service||Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts|
|USGS Topo||Sawmill Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 12 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Grouse Mountain, Sawmill Mountain, Mount Pinos
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Paul A. Lipsohn, 1972
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Go north on I-5 to the Frazier Park exit.
- Go west 7.2 miles past Frazier Park and on to Lake of the Woods.
- Keep straight here and go 5.3 miles farther to the junction with Mil
Potrero Road. Turn right. Note odometer and go as follows:
- At 8.3 miles, highway junction and a ranger station at Apache Saddle.
- At 16 miles, a circle road at the campground on the summit. Park at
the south end of the circle near a restroom.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- Hike south about 200 yards along a dirt road (which goes to a radio
site) to a rockpile on the right side of the road. This is the summit.