USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 15 miles west-northwest of Frazier Park, 90 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Kern County|
|Forest Service||Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts|
|USGS Topos||Sawmill Mountain 7½, Eagle Rest Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Brush Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 6 miles round trip on road and cross-country
- Gain: 800'
- Time: 2 1/2-3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 2
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the east side of Marion Campground, hike along a 4WD road to where
it meets 9N34.
- Turn left and hike up to the parking spot for Route 1.
- Continue to the summit as in Route 1.