USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 15 miles west-northwest of Frazier Park, 90 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Kern County|
|Forest Service||Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts|
|USGS Topos||Sawmill Mountain 7½, Eagle Rest Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Brush Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 0.2 mile round trip cross-country
- Gain: None
- Time: 10 minutes round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Go north on I-5 to the Frazier Park exit.
- Go west 7.2 miles past Frazier Park and on to Lake of the Woods.
- Keep straight here and go 5.3 miles farther to the junction with Mil
Potrero Road. Turn right. Note odometer and go as follows:
- At 8.3 miles, highway junction and a ranger station at Apache Saddle.
This is the turnoff for Cerro Noroeste. Go
- At 8.5 miles, dirt road 9N34 on the right. Turn right.
- Drive up this road 3.3 miles to a road fork and turn-around. Park
here. There is room for about five cars.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- Hike north up the gentle slope about 250 yards to the summit.