USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 35 miles north of Mojave, 137 miles from Los Angeles
(High clearance vehicles are recommended)
- Distance: 5 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 900'
- Time: 2-3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Moderate
Original: Charlie Knapke, January 1991
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the turnoff mentioned in Route 1, continue straight on SC 65 all the way to where it
crosses a broad saddle just north of elevation 6455'. Park here at a
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (6440'+), hike southwest up the left road fork a
short distance to where the PCT descends the slope from the south.
- Go left (south) on the PCT to the turnoff point from the PCT
- Follow Route 1 hiking directions from here.