USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 13 miles south of Inyokern, about 124 miles from Los Angeles
- Distance: 3 miles round trip cross-country
- Gain: 1500'
- Time: 2 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Dorothy Danziger and Byron Prinzmetal
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- From the parking point for Route 1, continue along EP 15/26.
- At 6.1 miles junction, go left on EP 26. Shortly, the road crosses a
wash. High clearance required from this point.
- At 6.8 miles, park near "Wilderness" spade marker
HIKING ROUTE 3
- Hike west about 600' along the base of a ridge, to where a white
post may be observed.
- Hike northwest, angling up the ridge to the right.
From here continue along the ridge, going generally northwest, around the
north side of the crater.
- Turn right and follow a use trail to the summit.