USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 13 miles south of Inyokern, about 124 miles from Los Angeles
- Distance: 9 miles round trip on road and cross-country
- Gain: 2000'
- Time: 4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 2, moderate
Original: Martin Feather, February 1991
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From Mojave, go north on SR 14 for 44.2 miles to SR 178 on the right
- Go approximately 4 miles on SR 178 east to the four-way intersection
- From the four-way intersection in Inyokern, go south on the Randsburg
Inyo-Kern Road (Brown Road) for 5.9 miles to a poor paved road on the
right. Turn right. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 1.1 miles, pass some mining equipment. The road becomes
- At 2.1 miles, pass a quarry visible on the left. The road degrades
past this point.
- At 5.5 miles, pass a parking area and campsite on the right with some
- At 5.7 miles, the road again crosses the wash. Sheep Spring and a
tree are on the left side of the road. Park here. The wash crossings get
worse beyond this point.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- Continue south on the road for about 1 1/4 miles to a junction
- Turn right (west) and follow this road, shown as a jeep trail on
the map, about 3/4 mile to another junction. Take note of
for the return journey.
- Turn right and proceed in a westerly direction
about a mile to where the road makes a sharp left turn at 3760'+ and
begins to go east-southeast along a wash. Two washes converge at this point.
the road and go a short distance up the left (southern) wash. This is the
wash that goes up to a saddle just south of the summit.
- Ascend the left
side of the wash onto the ridge at a small saddle (3800').
- From here
proceed westward up this ridge and into the saddle just south of the
- From here pick up a faint use trail which leads up to the peak.