USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 22 miles north of Mojave, 140 miles from Los Angeles
- Distance: 2.7 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 1400'
- Time: 3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: Charlie Knapke, January 1996
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From Mojave drive north on SR 14 for 19.5 miles to Jawbone Canyon
Road on the left. Turn left. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 6.3 miles, pavement ends. Fork, go right.
- At 11.9 miles, fork to the right. Keep straight.
- At 13.8 miles, the road turns west and goes over a saddle. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (4680'), ascend the ridge to the northwest and
follow it up to the summit.