USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, 4 miles south of Bodfish/Lake Isabella, 155 miles from Los Angeles
||Sequoia National Forest|
||Lake Isabella South 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file -
Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!
||Viewable JPG file -
||GPX file or Google Earth
KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software
(How to use GPX and KML files)
||Routes as shown on CalTopo using the above files
(How to use CalTopo)
Nearby Peaks: Lightner Peak, Piute Lookout
- Distance: 1.2 miles round trip cross-country
- Gain: 825'
- Time: 2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 2, easy
- Navigation: Easy
- Route: Easy brush and moderate rock scrambling
Original: Dave Comerzan, May 2013
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Exit SR 178 at Borel Road 3 miles before
reaching the town of Lake Isabella.
- Turn east, then turn left toward Bodfish at 1/4 mile, and then
turn right at Lake Isabella Road.
(Walker Pass approach)
- Drive west on SR 178 to SR 155 at Lake
- Turn left a short distance to Lake Isabella Road, then turn right (south)
and drive about 3 miles to Bodfish.
- Drive through the town of Bodfish on Lake Isabella Road (which
becomes Caliente-Bodfish Road) for about 3.2 miles to dirt
Saddle Spring Road
(27S02) on the left at the very top of a grade. Note your
odometer and turn left.
- Drive in about 3.5 miles to start of a gully leading to a ridge. Park here.
Room for about 3 cars. Additional parking about 100 yards further at a curve in the road.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking spot (5271'), hike southwest up the gully to a saddle on the ridge.
- Turn left and hike southeast up the ridge to the summit.