USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 9 miles west of Kernville, 180 miles from Los Angeles
||Sequoia National Forest|
||Tobias Peak 7½, Alta Sierra 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file -
Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!
||Viewable JPG file -
Approximately 1.8 megs|
||GPX file or Google Earth
KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software
(How to use GPX and KML files)
||Routes as shown on CalTopo using the above files
(How to use CalTopo)
Nearby Peaks: Sunday Peak
- Distance: 4 miles round trip cross-country
- Gain: 2000'
- Time: 3-4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Moderate
Original: John Backus, 1985
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From Lake Isabella (city) drive north on SR 155 for 7.0 miles to
where it turns left in Wofford Heights. Turn left.
- Continue on SR 155 to Cedar Creek Campground on the right. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the campground (4800'), hike upstream along the canyon for more
than 1/4 mile.
- After climbing past two waterfalls and then past a
large pool above them, begin looking on the west side of the stream for a
- Take the use trail, which zigzags through brush to gain the
east ridge of Bohna Peak.
- Continue west along this ridge to the summit.