USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Kern County, about 9 miles west of Kernville, 185 miles from Los Angeles
||Sequoia National Forest|
||Tobias Peak 7½, Alta Sierra 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file -
Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!
||Viewable JPG file -
Approximately 1.8 megs|
||GPX file or Google Earth
KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software
(How to use GPX and KML files)
||Routes as shown on CalTopo using the above files
(How to use CalTopo)
Nearby Peaks: Bohna Peak, Black Mountain #5
From Bohna Peak
- Distance: 2 1/4 miles one way on trail
- Gain: 2000'
- Time: 2 hours one way
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Intermediate
Original: Alan Coles, November 1991
DRIVING ROUTE 2
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the summit of Bohna Peak, go down the north
ridge to a saddle at 6450'.
- Continue about 1.4 miles north along the ridge on a
trail over bump 6991' and past a soggy area ("spring" on the topo map) to a point just NE of bump 7473.
- Follow the trail as it turns right (east) and continue on trail for about 0.7 mile
to a trail junction at 8100'.
- Keep right and follow the trail about 1/4 mile to the summit.